8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer & Remover Refresher
Description: As Local Law 52 of 2005 to continue to install or remove supported scaffolds in New York City, workers must successfully complete this 8-Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover refresher training course. This course is intended for workers who are renewing an expired or soon to be expired 32-hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover Refresher ID card to continue to supervise and use supported scaffolds in NYC.
Prerequisites: Student must have previously taken of a 32 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover or 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Refresher course within the last 4 years. The expired or soon to be expired card must be presented prior to the start of the course. Student must also be able to comprehend the language in which the course is scheduled for.
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components including a PowerPoint presentation, lecture, case studies, class discussions and hands on demonstrations. We will provide a student manual which will include all relevant written standards
- General Overview of Scaffolding
- OSHA 1926
- NYC Construction Codes Overview
- NYC Department Of buildings Overview
- General Principles of Fall protection
- Personal Protective Equipment & fall Arrest systems
- Supported Scaffold Erection/Dismantling Planning
- Supported Scaffold use
- Safety Checklist: Pre-Start, Erection & Dismantling
- Emergency Situations & Preparedness Procedures
- Access & working platforms
- Guys, Ties & Braces
- Erection & Dismantling Procedure
- And Much More!
Students will be able to understand the following
- Acknowledge the most probable supported scaffold hazards and safety violations based on history and statistical data.
- Have a discussion on pipe/supported scaffold types and its crucial elements.
- To examine and employ federal regulations and good work exercises that involve supported scaffold users on construction sites in New York City.
- Inspect independently, supported scaffolds on construction sites using information administered throughout the course